Jacob, Ally & Kathryn









Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bun is still in the oven....


So, it's definitely time for another update.  Sorry, geez I'm bad at this blogging stuff!  Life has been extremely busy for us, but it's also been so great.  We have so much to be grateful for!  The baby and I are doing wonderfully, just very uncomfortable at the moment.  She is healthy as can be and growing bigger every day (I'm just praying that she's not over 8 lbs when she is delivered!)  I'm currently 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant and almost done being pregnant!!!  Just in time, before the heat of the summer arrives.  So, I'm still working and plan to continue working until Kathryn is born, then I'll take some time off for a couple of months to be at home with her before I go back to work part-time.  I think we're pretty much ready - her bedroom is painted and fully furnished, we have all the clothes and almost all the other items we need (including a ton of diapers), and the hospital and diaper bags are packed.  I just need to find a cute little outfit for her to wear on the day we bring her home.  We're also looking forward to Jacob's birthday coming up, I am planning on spoiling him a bit.  We'll at least go out for a nice dinner and get him a fun gift.  Unfortunately, our focus is somewhere else lately, but it'll be great.
     Our Beehive class activity was so fun this week.  I asked the missionaries in our ward to host an evening for the girls and they did such a great job!  They organized a scavenger hunt and then had a lesson and showed a short video on the restoration.  The spirit was so strong, and the girls loved listening to them speak.  Afterward we had dessert - Strawberry short-cake, and ended up just talking with the elders for almost an hour.  It was such a good experience and I'm so grateful for their help.  I'll miss Young Women's while I'm out with Kathryn, but I hope I get to continue working with them for a long, long time.  Our youth are so special!

     Well, I guess that's about it.  I'll try to keep you updated in the weeks to come!! 


Love, Ally


No comments:

Post a Comment