Jacob, Ally & Kathryn









Sunday, August 22, 2010

All good things...

- Like weekends - must come to an end. Today has been really great. Jacob and I woke up early, went to church, came home, took a nap, and had hamburgers and french fries for dinner (Jacob's request - and totally great!). Now he's at a church meeting and I'm sitting here talking to you which is a complete fulfillment of my time (I'm sure). I went outside earlier this evening while Jacob was grilling the hamburgers, and took a close look at our garden - I am so amazed! We've had such a good haul for our first year of using our vegetable garden. There have been peas, potatoes, zucchini squash, peppers, tomatoes, banana squash, gray hubbard squash, and cantaloupe (in the works). I feel super-impressed that anything could grow in that old clay-pit, I guess that 3 weeks of weeding, two truckloads of mulch, and a long day of rodatilling really help in the end! I'll have to post pics some time soon.
Anyway, I think I feel like reading a little while. I just love books that I can lose myself in and honestly, they tend to be children's fiction books. Like right now, I'm reading the Fablehaven series, which is really, really good. I'm smack in the middle of the third book and it gets very difficult to put it down, especially on my lunchbreaks at work! But tonight I can read undisturbed, aside from Jacob - who will likely pounce me at an intense moment like he so often does. He just got home, so watch out! Well, I hope you have had a great weekend like I have, and I will talk to you again soon :0) ... Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment